Migrated to docker.. lost dns server

all previous generated configurations had a dns server defined. Which was running on the same host as firezone…

I was able to add the apk into the firezone container and get an exec line into the startup script…

I understand that will not be as persistent as myself…

Is there any way to either get the container to run in host networking mode fully (not just caddy) or possibly some way to to extend the container…

fwiw, coredns is in Alpine… so I just used that for recursion and pointing at upstream internal resolvers…

(want/need to see what people are asking for… )

As always… thank you for listening…

Hello @bcookatfrzn, you should be able to set any containers to work in host mode using the network_mode option: Compose file version 3 reference | Docker Documentation. As for DNS you can add pretty much any DNS server (or any other container you want) to a docker-compose file, eg this one: Docker.

BTW, if you change anything in docker-compose please be careful during upgrades, because your installation will be custom so there will be more work to maintain. If you don’t want this then you can just have another docker-compose file and use it to spin up additional stuff.